Print Materials are loaned for 21 days
DVDs are loaned for 7 days
Library materials may be renewed for up to three (3) loan periods provided the item(s) are not on reserve for someone else.
A replacement fee will apply to all items 90 days overdue. Patrons will have their borrowing privileges suspended for unreturned items until the replacement fee is paid.
Looking for a book that is not at one of our branches? We can bring it to you through Inter-Library Loan. Loan periods & renewals are determined by the lending library. Fees apply to overdue items.
– Install the Libby app from your device’s app store
– In Libby, follow the prompts to find your library and sign in with a valid library card.
– Browse your library’s collection and borrow a title.
– Borrowed titles appear under Shelf>Loans
-Tap Open Audiobook or Open Magazine to start reading or listening o that title.
– Tap Manage Loan to see options like Renew Returns.
Black and White: $0.25 per page, $0.10 per page after 10 copies
Colour: $1.00 per page, $0.10 per page after 10 copies
Faxing – Send or Receive Fax $1.00 per page
Scanning – FREE!
TECHNOLOGY & COMPUTERS
Public use computers are available at both branches.
Free WiFi is available at both branches.
Technology assistance is available by appointment.
Hiking Poles and Snowshoes are available for borrowing.
– Go to the App Store or Google Play
-Search for the BookMyne App
– Open the app. Search nearby libraries or search specifically for the you local library.
-You must login to your account. Go to the home screen and click MY ACCOUNT.
-Enter your Library card # and your 4 digit PIN#
-Tap on your account to see: What items are checked out/ Any items on hold/ Fines you may have/ Or items you need to renew.
CENTRE FOR EQUITABLE LIBRARY ACCESS COLLETION
Sables-Spanish Rivers Public Libraries offers access to a collection of over 500,000 books, magazines, newspapers in a choice of accessible formats for people with a print disability through the Centre for Equitable Library Access.
Access to the CELA collection is available to people who are unable to read conventional print due to a disability, which includes:
- Learning disability: an impairment relating to comprehension of print
- Physical disability: the inability to hold or manipulate a book
- Visual disability: severe or total impairment of sight or the inability to focus or move one’s eyes.
Sign up for CELA service with your public library card, or contact the Massey Main Branch for assistance. The CELA website can be found at: www.celalibrary.ca